New Haven, Connecticut
Richard W. Lynch is a partner in the law firm of Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, P. C. He was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in November of 1987. Mr. Lynch was admitted to the U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut in 1988 and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court in 1992.
Mr. Lynch was educated at the Florida Institute of Technology (A.S., 1980; B.S., cum laude, 1983) and the Quinnipiac College School of Law (J.D., 1987).
As part of his worker’s compensation practice, Mr. Lynch has represented clients at informal hearings, pre-formal hearings and formal hearings. He has successfully appealed cases to the Connecticut Compensation Review Board and Connecticut Appellate Court.
Mr. Lynch also has an active criminal practice and handles infractions, misdemeanors and felonies in State and Federal Courts. He has successfully represented clients at trial and obtained acquittals for defendants facing serious charges and significant jail exposure. He has also successfully represented individuals at the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles and helped avoid license suspensions and restrictions.
Mr. Lynch is a member of the New Haven County and Connecticut Bar Associations. He is also a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
- Bar Admissions:
- Connecticut, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1992
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut,
- Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Florida,
Honors: Cum Laude
Honors: Alpha Epsilon Honor Society
Major: Applied Technology
- Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Florida
Major: Offshore Marine Technology
- Published Works:
- Connecticut Workers Compensation Act-New and Improved?, Connecticut Lawyer's Magazine, Volume 4, Number 1
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Coach, Quinnipiac College School of Law's Trial Team
- Coach, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Trial Competition, Chicago, Illinois
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Madison Jaycees, 1987 - 1995
- New Haven County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers
- Past Employment Positions:
- RCA-Atlantic Undersea Test & Evaluation Center, Marine Operator, 1980 - 1981
- Outboard Marine Corporation, Test Operator, 1982 - 1983