Ben Gettinger litigates virtually all types of cases on behalf of individual, corporate and municipal clients. Mr. Gettinger is repeatedly recognized as one of the top young lawyers in Connecticut. His principal areas of practice include criminal defense, family law and general litigation, with a focus on high-conflict cases. In addition, Mr. Gettinger advises municipalities, police officers and politicians on a variety of issues, including labor and employment disputes, Freedom of Information Act requests and general litigation matters.
Mr. Gettinger’s cases have been reported in national and local media. Once such publication described him as “the go-to guy in greater New Haven” for divorces. Mr. Gettinger is the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including Connecticut Magazine 40 under 40, the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 and Connecticut Magazine’s Super Lawyers Rising Star in criminal defense from 2008-2013. Mr. Gettinger was also named the Best Attorney in New Haven County in the New Haven Advocate Best of New Haven Reader’s Poll.
Prior to joining Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, Mr. Gettinger served as a law clerk to the Honorable Francis X. Hennessy of the Connecticut Appellate Court. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Connecticut and his Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, from Quinnipiac University School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Gettinger served as the Managing Editor of the Quinnipiac Law Review.
Mr. Gettinger is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association, New Haven County Bar Association, Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He is also on the Executive Committee of the Criminal Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association.
Mr. Gettinger is the former President of the Greater New Haven Young Democrats. He is the Treasurer of the Milford Democratic Town Committee. Mr. Gettinger is also an elected member of the Milford Planning and Zoning Commission.
Areas Of Practice
- Divorce & Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Connecticut
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: Economics
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer Rising Star in Criminal Defense, Connecticut Magazine
- Connecticut Magazine 40 under 40
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Criminal Law Section, Member, Executive Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Francis X. Hennessy, Connecticut Appellate Court, Law Clerk