What Happens During The Initial Consultation?
At Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, we understand that every injury case is different and that all injury cases involve physical and emotional suffering. As a full-service law firm, we take a personalized approach to serving our clients, with the goal of helping each one feel completely taken care of during a difficult time.
We also understand that most people have never been involved in a personal injury, medical malpractice, or wrongful death claim. For many of our clients, the whole idea of a lawsuit can be confusing and intimidating. That’s why we offer a free, confidential consultation to injury victims and their families.
It is important to know that in injury matters, we do not charge legal fees until our client has been financially compensated.
What is an Initial Consultation?
An initial consultation allows prospective clients the opportunity to speak with our team about the situation that they or a loved one are facing. On our end, we gain a better understanding of your end goals, needs, and how our legal team can most effectively be of assistance. We break down your legal options, so you understand how you can choose to move forward. Please note that, should you choose to pursue mediation, a lawsuit, or another course of action, it’s likely that we will need to perform additional research into your case to secure the best possible result on your behalf.
What Will We Talk About?
The initial consultation is an opportunity to hear about what happened to you or your family member. We will take the time to sit down with you to hear your story — to understand what happened and how it has affected your life. You can expect:
- To explain how, where and when the accident or incident occurred as it is important for us to know who may have caused the injury
- To share about the exact injuries that were suffered and the diagnoses and prognoses from your doctor(s)
- To receive feedback on your medical records (you should bring them along if possible) and medical concerns from our staff nurse, who participates in initial interviews with potential clients
- To discuss what kinds of treatments, surgeries or therapies have been necessary and may be needed in the future — and what bills you may have received for these services
- To talk about the financial, emotional and relational challenges brought about by the incident
Where Does The Consultation Occur?
Generally, you’ll talk to someone on the phone first. This will be a conversation with an LTKE Law attorney and/or our staff nurse. You can reach us at (203) 800-7343, toll-free at (888) 692-7403, or via our online contact form to schedule your free initial consultation.