Verdicts And Settlements: Complex Cases
Pursuing Justice, Accountability And Compensation
For more than 60 years, the law firm of Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, P.C., has represented injured people and their families in difficult cases. We have a strong reputation as advocates who pursue justice, accountability for negligent parties, and compensation for those who have been hurt. Our history of success in complex cases includes verdicts* and settlements*. Our experience in handling complex cases includes:
- Tanker explosion: We successfully litigated a negligence action against a chemical waste and disposal company after its employees failed to properly drain and clean a tanker truck, resulting in a violent combustion explosion that killed the young man who was assigned to perform routine maintenance on the tanker.
- Misread pathology slide: We successfully litigated a medical malpractice action against a pathologist who failed to properly read a pathology slide and timely diagnose a patient’s stomach cancer.
- Defective bicycle: We successfully litigated a product liability action against a prominent bicycle manufacturer after a defective stem weld broke during an international triathlon event, seriously injuring the rider.
- Birth injury: We successfully litigated a medical malpractice action against obstetricians after they failed to properly deliver a baby boy during vaginal delivery, resulting in permanent nerve damage and other associated physical deficits and impairments.
- Defective machinery: We successfully litigated a product liability action against the manufacturer of a commercial wood chipper after its defective design and lack of proper safety guards dismembered, and ultimately killed, a user.
- Failure to diagnose: We successfully litigated a medical malpractice action against a physician who failed to properly interpret an EKG study, which prevented diagnosis of his patient’s cardiac problems. Shortly thereafter, the patient died from a fatal arrhythmia stemming from his undiagnosed cardiac problem.
- Defective premises: We successfully litigated a negligence action against the owner and operator of a vocational school for persons with acquired brain injuries after a defective hot water distribution system scalded and killed a young resident student.
- High-risk pregnancy: We successfully litigated a malpractice action against obstetricians and hospital personnel after they failed to recognize and address severe intra-uterine growth retardation in twin fetuses, resulting in the death of one of the twins.
- Accounting malpractice: We successfully litigated a professional malpractice action against an accounting firm after it failed to properly complete certain accounting transactions and make certain filings for a prominent business client.
* Results depend upon the unique facts of each case. We cannot guarantee results such as these in your case.