What to Do After Charges of New Haven Domestic Violence
The world of domestic violence is complicated at best. If you have been accused of domestic violence, you need legal counsel as soon as possible. Allegations alone can be extremely stressful, whether they are warranted or not. If physical altercations took place, there may be questions as to who struck first and whether self-defense was a factor.
Whatever the circumstances of your domestic violence arrest, take steps now to protect your record and your future. Contact Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, to discuss your urgent legal matter. We can help you explore options, opportunities and risks associated with your unique situation. Ask us about any of the following that may apply if you’ve been arrested and charged with New Haven assault:
- How to get out of jail as soon as possible, if applicable?
- How to avoid jail, if applicable?
- How to protect your record and good name to the greatest extent possible?
- How to preserve your relationship with your children to the greatest extent possible?
- How to restore your right to access to your children?
- How to restore access to your property, if applicable?
- How to mitigate damage to a divorce or child custody case that is likely to be impacted by your domestic violence arrest?
- How to position yourself for successful probation, if applicable?
- If your wife, husband or domestic partner has recanted, how to restore your right to access to communications and resume reconciliation efforts with your significant other?
- How to protect your right to possess firearms, if possible?
Individual circumstances differ, but in nearly all cases, we will advise you not to talk to the police before you are represented by an attorney. Close collaboration with an experienced, knowledgeable defense lawyer on your side is the most promising path to recovering a normal life after a domestic violence arrest.
Take Action After Being Arrested & Charged With New Haven Domestic Violence
The sooner you take action, the more fully we can help. Call or email Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, in New Haven, to schedule a consultation after being arrested and charged with a New Haven domestic violence incident.
Our criminal defense lawyers: