New Haven Prescription Drug Crime Attorney
People mishandling New Haven prescription drugs sometimes think that if they are accused of wrongdoing, the legal matter will be less severe than in the case of illegal “street drugs.” This assumption is wrong. If you have been charged with a prescription drug crime, you have the same possibilities of encountering:
- Fines, fees, and other stiff penalties
- A permanent criminal record
It can be very difficult to recover and reclaim a normal lifestyle after a New Haven prescription drug crime conviction. Your career, your ability to get a student loan and your reputation are at stake if you have been charged with a crime involving alleged manufacture, illegal possession or distribution of a prescription drug such as:
- An oxycodone or hydrocodone drug, such as OxyContin, Percocet, or Vicodin
- Fentanyl, such as Duragesic patches
- Morphine, codeine, or methadone of any variety
You may have been detained in an airport while transporting your legitimately prescribed medications without proper labeling. You may have been charged after sharing them with someone for whom they were not prescribed.
Sometimes health care professionals are charged with crimes involving medications that they had access to. Were you charged as a nurse, doctor, pharmacist or medical technician after narcotic drugs disappeared on your watch? More than your job is at stake. Your entire career may be at risk. You deserve the same vigorous defense that anyone else does in light of a prescription drug crime arrest. Our New Haven drug offense attorneys are prepared to fight for the best possible outcome.
What To Do
Whatever the circumstances of your New Haven prescription drug crime charges, we have the same advice to offer here that we do for any criminal charges:
- Contact a lawyer promptly, as soon as you learn you are named in an investigation or are under suspicion.
- Do not take part in any conversations about your alleged wrongdoing before getting legal counsel on your side.
- Cooperate with your attorney for the sake of a vigorous pursuit of the best outcome attainable in your prescription drug crime case.
Call Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, in New Haven, at 203-800-7343 to request a consultation or send us an email. We look forward to gathering the facts in your case and recommending a plan of attack aimed at preserving your freedom and your future.
Our criminal defense lawyers: