New Haven Truck Accident Attorney
Trucks transport 70% of all freight in the U.S. That is approximately 15.5 million trucks, logging over 4 billion miles on US roads each year. At a gross weight of 80,000 lbs., and an average length of 75 ft., trucks are a serious threat to other vehicles on the road. In fact, there are about 5,000 fatalities from collisions with trucks every year. The federal government has established rules and regulations that trucking companies and their drivers must follow. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act regulates all aspects of the commercial trucking industry and its drivers. These regulations are meant to reduce the possibility of a New Haven truck accident.
Failure to follow the government’s regulations can result in uncertified, overworked, fatigued truck drivers, who pose a deadly threat to other innocent motorists. Sadly, however, it is not uncommon for trucking companies and truck drivers to flagrantly ignore The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act and other regulations.
If you have been injured as a result of a truck accident in Connecticut, you need a New Haven personal injury attorney who knows the rules and regulations that govern the trucking industry. In addition to the compensation that is normally available to the victims of motor vehicle accidents, there may be additional claims available to you if the trucking company or its drivers violated any of the rules and regulations that govern them.
At Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, our New Haven truck accident attorneys have experience and success in litigating claims against trucking companies and their drivers. Get in touch with us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers.
Why Hire an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer?
- Right after a New Haven truck accident occurs, the trucking company and their lawyers begin taking steps to protect their interests, and you should be doing the same.
- Generally, truck accidents are unique from passenger vehicle accidents because of the increased damages they cause, and the more complex, multiparty liability involved. This requires an attorney with in-depth knowledge and understanding of truck accidents to maximize the value of your claim.
- Your truck accident attorney will have access to expert witnesses who can testify in support of your claim.
- Trucking companies are adept at hiding their assets. An experienced truck accident attorney in New Haven knows how to find the assets and insurance coverage needed to recover full compensation for your injuries and losses.
- An experienced truck accident attorney knows who to speak to and what questions to ask to obtain the information needed to develop your case and support your claim for compensation.
How an Experienced Connecticut Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
- Truck accident lawyers are specialists who have the experience required to assess your truck accident and advise you on the best strategy to pursue compensation for any damages or injuries you have suffered as a result of the accident.
- A skilled truck accident lawyer knows how to represent your interests, liaise with the other parties and their lawyers, negotiate with the liable insurance companies, and move your case through the legal system.
- Your insurance company’s goal is to save as much money as they can. Their objective is to minimize their liability and payout as little as possible for your claim. On the other hand, your truck accident lawyer’s objective is to get you as much compensation as possible. This requires your lawyer to be a trained negotiator, experienced at remaining cool and impartial, while focusing on the goal of securing the highest possible settlement for your claim.
- Your truck accident lawyer can handle all of the communications between you and the trucking company and their insurance providers, while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
What to Do After a Connecticut Truck Accident
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights and preserve the integrity of your truck accident claim:
After a truck accident, it’s important to get emergency personnel and law enforcement on the scene right away. Calling 911 will ensure that help arrives for anyone who might need emergency medical attention after the accident.
Seek Immediate Medical Treatment
Your health and well-being are the most important considerations. Obtaining timely medical treatment also demonstrates the seriousness of your injuries. Our catastrophic injury attorneys in New Haven can help you explore your legal options as you recover.
If you are physically capable of doing it, take photographs of the scene of the accident, damage to the vehicles involved, and your injuries. If not, try to get someone else to do it for you. These photographs can provide the critical evidence needed to prove your case.
Collect the truck driver’s name, driver’s license number, and insurance details, as well as the DOT number for the truck and trailer.
Be Careful Who You Speak to
Do not speak to any representative from the trucking company or their insurance providers. They are most often only interested in gathering information that can compromise your case. Instead, you should call an experienced New Haven truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What Can I Expect if I Choose Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante to Help Me With My Connecticut Truck Accident Claim?
The Connecticut truck accident attorneys at Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, P.C know how to skillfully build and litigate truck accident cases, and we have a proven track record of obtaining substantial compensation for our clients. We can also help out-of-state truck drivers that have an accident in Connecticut.
Here’s what you can expect if you choose us:
- Action-oriented lawyers who will advance your case with all possible speed;
- Lawyers who will listen to your concerns and take practical steps to address them; and
- Lawyers who will review your cases thoroughly and explain to you, in clear language, your legal situation, your options, and the likely outcome of your case. This will allow you to make the most informed decisions.
Contact Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a New Haven truck accident, contact us to discuss your case today. We find nothing more important than helping accident victims and their families obtain the justice they deserve.
Call Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante at 203-800-7343, toll-free at 888-692-7403, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation with a skillful and experienced New Haven truck and car accident attorney. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to answer your questions.